THIS SCENE WAS LITERALLY THE TEXTBOOK DEFINITION
The hashtag by theblueboxonbakerstreet: NAILED IT.
The fact that everyone is drawing attention to it is what’s making it gratuitous. Tumblr people take every single instance that’s even remotely “socially unjust” and completely warps it into something it’s not.
That and, it’s very clear, that all the people who complain about instances like this obviously don’t know how to cinematic business works. They assume that every single decision going into the movie is in the director’s hands, when ultimately, it’s the production company that has the final say what has to be in the movie. The movie industry is exactly that: an industry. Production company corporate heads are no different than ones to say, an oil company. They want money. They see what will generate the most viewers for a movie (such as sexual promiscuity) and demand it in a movie. The movie industry is an industry. Don’t blame a director for having a corporate hag breathing down their neck threatening to pull the plug at any moment.
Remember two weeks ago when Benedict Cumberbatch said that a shirtless scene with him in it was cut, and everyone bitched because they wanted to see it? How in any way shape or form is this any different? People got genuinely MAD that they couldn’t see Benedict Cumberbatch shirtless, and yet everyone is up in arms because Alice Eve got to be? If women truly are supposed to be equal to men, then there shouldn’t be any discrepancy between who’s allowed to be shirtless and who’s not.
Also, Alice Eve commented in an interview saying that she was excited to show off her body in the film. She said that she worked extremely hard for it, and was pleased to have people be able to see it.
Stop turning minuscule details that don’t even serve the main point of a project into things that they are not. By focusing on the seemingly “socially unjust” aspects of a picture, it proves that you are not grasping the true point of the film, and are in fact creating sexism and racism and any other isms by applying them to situations where they are truly not present.
THANK YOU JESUS YES THANK YOU SOCIAL BLOGGERS JUST STOP
If you don’t get this reference, you’re too young for tumblr.
are you fucking kidding me pixar puts out a movie ever year a baby would get this reference
it’s not pixar it’s a reference to that time in 1994 when lamps became sentient humanoids
many were lost that day
It was a grim day for mankind. My parents took refuge in a cave and thus saved us from certain death; we lived close to a lamp factory at the time and the surrounding region was utterly devastated in the conflict.
My brother fought one off using only an egg whisk and a pogo stick.
Only 90s kids remember the Lampocalypse
My father still has the scars from where one stole his kidney
graham norton during Eurovision 2013: the best of
- graham: if two girls kissing offends you, then grow up
- on ireland performance: good news for the irish economy, i hear they’ve discovered oil there. too bad it’s baby oil and they appear to have used it all on his backing dancers.
- graham on montenegro: the picture quality of the moon landing was better than this link to Montenegro
- montenegro: we have to be brief, don’t we?
- graham: yes
- graham: i don’t think bonnie can win now, i don’t know, i’m not carol vorderman.
- petra: we're half through voting now
- graham: oh that's depressing
- estonia: shows up
- graham: is he standing outside a prison?
- albania: petra you look gorgeous tonight!
- graham: better than you
- albanian guy: (singing) should i live, should i die without your love--
- graham: you should leave
- eric: i'll help you to the bathroom
- graham: don't do that eric, that's how rumours start
- germany: we're having so much fun!!!1!
- graham: speak for yourself
- dude: breathes
- graham: oh look, it's sideshow bob, nice of him to show up
- petra: azerbaijan won 2 years ago, it can still happen now!
- graham: god, please, no
- denmark: winning
- graham: busy right now, just won the eurovision, i'll call back later. #donereallywell!!1!1!
- voting after denmark has won: proceeds, ppl giving points to russia or idk
- graham: can someone please tell her she can't win now
- graham: oh flowers now, marvellous
- graham: my taxi is waiting outside so if she could sing as quick as possible, that would be nice
So are we calling them Ten, Eleven and Twelve now or is John Hurt just going to be Eight Point Five?